Updated December 20, 2011.
June 3, 2011. From Rod Mann. CURRITUCK GUN CLUB SURVEY OF 1923
December 29, 2010. From Brenda Twiford. WILLIAM B. WHITE LETTER about the 1933 Hurricane
August 18, 2010. From Brenda Twiford. It's original name was Martin's Point Gun Club, Inc. but changed to Currituck Sound Shooting Club in 1895 when the property was sold. By then the club owned some 2,000 acres of beach and marshland. The original clubhouse was located on the North Carolina Outer Banks in the sand dunes but in 1898 the clubhouse was lost in a violent storm that washed over the beach. Several years after the storm the property was purchased by a group of sportsmen from New York and Philadelphia, who in 1905 built a new and larger clubhouse on Knotts Island and at a later date, after 1909, the name was changed to the Currituck Gunning and Fishing Club. William Henry Bonney White was the Superintendent.